Wednesday, March 9, 2011

365 Thank Yous by John Kralik

I read this as an advance reading copy during the Christmas season and its message very quickly permeated my thinking.  This was a very hard holiday time, with loved ones far away and having to work through all the holidays, including Christmas...but I was filled with gratitude for the many friendly gestures that came my way every day; thankful for having students so that I would have work; thankful for health, etc, etc.

The events which caused the author to rethink his values had also touched our family.  This book, with its simple, direct demonstrations that expressing gratitude not only boosts someone else's feelings, but strangely, boosts your own, just proves that what Mom said was right-- keep writing those Thank You notes-- and keep a sense of thankfulness in your heart.

No comments: